- AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card harnesses high-performance AMD RDNA architecture, industry-leading process technology and enterprise-grade software to help professionals increase productivity, improve product quality and accelerate time-to-market
- AMD RDNA architecture delivers up to 25 percent higher performance-per-clock1 and up to 41 percent higher average performance-per-watt2 than the previous-generation AMD architecture to power demanding 3D design, real-time visualization and VR workloads
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700, the world’s first 7nm professional PC workstation graphics card. It delivers new levels of performance and advanced features that enable 3D designers, architects and engineers to visualize, review and interact with their designs in real time, dramatically accelerating decision-making processes and product development cycles.
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 workstation graphics card features the high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA architecture and state-of-the-art GDDR6 memory to handle large models and datasets, and is the first PC workstation graphics card to support high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology. It is ideal for professionals who push performance beyond traditional 3D design by generating photorealistic renders of their concepts and reviewing virtual prototypes of their designs in virtual reality (VR) environments.
“Today’s professionals need high-performance professional graphics hardware to better interact with their product concepts and make more informed decisions sooner in the design process,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon™ Technologies Group at AMD. “We designed the AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 to deliver significant performance gains in top design and manufacturing applications. Architects, designers and engineers now have the horsepower to drive demanding real-time and VR experiences, enabling a better and faster design creation process.”
Key capabilities and features of the AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card include:
- High-Performance AMD RDNA Architecture – Features a redesigned geometry engine and compute units, delivering up to 25 percent higher performance-per-clock1 and up to 41 percent higher average performance-per-watt2 than the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- Exceptional Power Efficiency – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise’s intelligent power optimization, coupled with the power-efficient AMD RDNA architecture and 7nm process technology, enables the Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card to provide up to 18 percent better system efficiency than the competitive product3.
- Accelerated CPU/GPU Multitasking – Provides outstanding multitasking performance even in the most demanding situations, such as continuing to model while rendering a visualization in the background, providing up to 5.6X the application workflow performance with CPU load than the competition in the SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark4.
- Professional-grade Software – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise delivers professional-grade quality, continuous performance improvements and robust security as well as industry-leading features, including AMD Remote Workstation5 that allows professionals to work virtually from anywhere with feature and performance parity with the workstation GPU on their desk6.
- Innovative VR Software Features – AMD Radeon™ ReLive for VR enables professionals using AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics cards to wirelessly visualize their creations with VR-capable applications and select standalone VR headsets, such as the HTC VIVE Focus™ Plus7.
- High-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 – The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 is the first PC workstation graphics card to support PCIe® 4.0, delivering double the bandwidth of PCIe® 3.0 to enable smooth performance for GPU-intensive applications.
- Professional Application Certification – Optimized and certified with leading Design and Manufacturing and Architecture, Engineering and Construction applications to deliver the stability and reliability required by workstation professionals. The list of Radeon™ Pro Software certified ISV applications can be found here.
- High-speed USB-C® – The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 is the first PC workstation graphics card to include a USB-C® connector, supporting a growing selection of USB-C® based monitors and head-mounted displays (HMD).
|Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card
|Up to 8.89
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card is expected to available starting today for USD $799 SEP from the following retailers, including:
- North America – B&H Photo and Newegg
- EMEA – Elmtec, Schneider and Tarox
- Asia Pacific – JD.com and Mwave
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card will be demonstrated in the AMD booth (#AE310) at Autodesk University 2019, November 19 to 21 in Las Vegas, Nevada.